The UC browser is the most Famous web browsers owned by the Alibaba group, especially for the Android platforms. Instantly its launch, UC browser gained a large amount of popularity, also pretty soon, it ended up as a must-have web browser application for your smartphone. This is well-known for its ad-blocking features and for offering a high-speed browsing experience.
As the current times are not favorable, the entire world faces this deadly pandemic Coronavirus outbreak. This COVID-19 virus was originated from China, and since then, most countries and regions have pledged to boycott Chinese apps, services, and products. Also, call it geopolitics or something else, most of the states have banned this China-based web browser.
Is UC Browser Safe?
If you are looking for other reasons why you should immediately abandon this multiplatform web browser, let’s talk about safety. This UC Browser is not as secure as you think. As far as privacy is concerned, it would be best if you didn’t trust this web browser for keeping your browsing activities safe. Newly, the UC browser was accused of stealing user data and then sharing it with an unidentified server located in China.
Therefore, relying on the UC browser makes a lot of users when it comes to trustskeptical. This China-based web browser is associated with many data leaks and security-related allegations, so it would be great in case you start using other browsers like UC browser.
So, g on this note, if you’re looking for some best UC browser alternatives, you have come at the right spot. Here are a few other options to the UC browser that you should consider using.
List of The Best UC Browser Alternatives In 2020
1. Firefox Lite
2. DuckDuck Go
3. Opera Mini
4. Maxthon Browser
5. Puffin Web Browser
6. X Browser
Developed by Mozilla, Firefox Lite allows a high-speed browsing experience, while it only takes just 6 MB space on your device. Okay, you heard that right. This Firefox Lite is a light-weighted browser just how its name says power-packed with in-built tools and features.
- This Advanced Private Browsing has to secure your browsing activities where almost no advertisers or sites can track your info.
- It’s A dedicated night mode to protect your eyes from straining.
- A specific in-built option to get rid of cache memory to instantly free-up storage space on your device.
- Offline reading can become even better with Firefox Lite as it enables you to capture the whole screenshot of a page in one go.
Following on our list of the best UC browser alternatives comes DuckDuck Go. In case the privacy is of utmost concern, then you should give a shot to this web browser. This includes all the browsing features and tools that you also expect even more along with a rocket-fast browsing speed.
- Blocks third-party trackers so that they cannot follow your browsing activities.
- This comes with an in-built private search engine that enables you to search for anything on the web privately.
- This Encrypts a secure HTTPS connection for enhanced privacy against advertisers, snoopers, and website owners.
- It has a Fire button that instantly shuts down all the active tabs and windows.
Opera Mini can work as a decent web browser application for your smartphone when it comes to privacy. So, Opera Mini offers you a smart browsing experience with a different data saving mode that permits you to save up to 90% of your data. This app also features an in-built ad-blocking feature so that you can enjoy a disruptive browsing experience. As long as personalization is concerned, you can easily customize the app’s look and feel by choosing your favorite layouts, themes, and other personalization options.
- It has a Private Browsing feature that you can use to surf privately in incognito mode.
- Safe, Fast, and efficient.
- It’s A Night mode feature that protects your eyes from straining if you are a fan of late-night reading.
- Even Opera Mini comes with an Offline file sharing that enables you to share your files across devices without an Internet connection seamlessly.
This Maxthon is a cloud-based web browser that is not just fast but also offers an enriching set of additional features. Maxthon browser efficiently manages your data consumption, permits you to load pages more quickly, and provides an optimum browsing experience.
- This comes with a built-in password manager feature that securely stores all your passwords and sensitive info.
- It has an Adblocker feature that blocks all sorts of annoying advertisements, pop-ups, and also hindrances.
- Incognito mode for private browsing.
- It’s Secure sync capabilities to sync your bookmarks, web history, tabs over devices.
If you are watching for other unique browsers like UC Browser, then Puffin comes next. This Puffin web browser features a fantastic compression technology that enables you to load web pages at a breakneck speed. Wondering how? As well, Puffin shifts all the load to its server to offer you a smooth browsing experience. Aside from this, here are some more key highlights of the application:
- This offers cloud protection to keep your browsing activities safe.
- It’s Incredibly fast and uses low bandwidth as it instantly transfers all its load to the servers.
- So, You can even customize the color and theme of the application.
- It’s Incognito mode for private browsing.
X Browser can be an excellent alternative to the UC browser that is extremely fast and powerful. X Browser features a minimal, easy to use web interface. This offers a seamless browsing experience, and the application won’t even take more than 3 MB space on your device. Here are some nifty features of the app:
- It’s Powerful ad-blocking to keep the snoopers away.
- This offers a variety of customization features that you can take to revamp the look of the web interface.
- Efficient saves resources and also the battery life of your device.
- It’s Offers in-built gestures for smoother navigation within the application.
- This comes with a unique Read mode that narrates the entire content to you.
Therefore, folks, this wraps up our list of 6 best UC browser alternatives that you should strongly reconsider. You can utilize any of the webs, as mentioned earlier, browser applications on your smartphone tobrowse safely and securely. Guess it is finally time to stop using the UC Browser on Android and consider other alternatives that save your privacy intact.