In this article, we will explain you how to lock facebook profile in 2021. Facebook constantly remains under scanner when it comes to security of its users data and privacy. Nevertheless, this time the social media giant has come with an all new security feature that will assist users to lock their Facebook profile. Yes, you heard it right. You can lock your Facebook profile by clicking on Lock Profile option so that your photos, posts and other info can be just seen by the people on your friend list.
Surely this will give Facebook users more control over who they wish to make their profile visible with. As, allowing Facebook profile lock will now make your profile inaccessible to all the stalkers and non friends in one go, and you no require to mess with other privacy settings.
How Do I Lock My Facebook Profile
Facebook has almost taken three years to launch the Lock Facebook Profile feature after profile picture guard. However be late than never, Facebook has now come up with this feature and this time it has really kept it simple to implement.
To lock Facebook profile follow the actions given below:
1. Press on the Facebook icon to start the app.
2. Now from your news feed travel to your Profile by pressing on your profile picture, just below the home button.
3. On your Facebook profile press on the menu icon next to the Add to Story button.
4. Now in the Profile Settings screen press on Lock Profile(badge icon).
5. On the next screen press on Lock Your Profile button at the bottom of the screen.
6. Now a prompt will pop up with a Lock Badge and confirmation “You Locked Your Profile”. Press on the OK button to confirm.
7. To confirm, go to your Facebook Profile. There you will now see a Lock Badge, with a message Your Profile Is Locked.
Now your Facebook profile is locked from all the people except the ones who are on your friend list.
What will Result After you Lock your Facebook Profile?
As explained earlier in the article that the basic intent of Facebook behind the introduction of this trait is to keep your personal data restricted to your friends only. This implies once you lock your Facebook profile:
- Just your friends can see your posts and photos on your timeline.
- Just your friends can view your full size cover photo & profile picture.
- Every posts that you have shared in the past to Public will automatically be limited to friends only.
- Your Facebook stories can now be seen just by your Facebook friends.
- Just a small portion of your About Info will be visible to everyone.
- You can now just share your new posts and photos with your friends.
How Do I Unlock My Facebook Profile
When you unlock your Facebook Profile all your privacy settings will return to the settings that were before you locked your Facebook profile.
To unlock Facebook Profile follow the actions given below:
1. Start your Facebook profile and press on Your Profile Is Locked.
2. On the next screen press on the Unlock icon.
3. Now on Unlock Your Profile screen press on Unlock Your Profile at the bottom.
4. Now a prompt will pop up with a “You UnLocked Your Profile”. Press on the OK button to confirm.
Note: Any modifications you made to your Facebook account after you locked your profile will endure the same even after unlocking your profile.
Conclusion Of Lock Facebook Profile
Facebook Profile Lock feature is not obtainable in all the countries. Therefore, if you are unable to get this feature on your Facebook application then you have to wait for some time as Facebook is gradually rolling out this feature to all countries and devices. However if the feature is available in our region then without further ado lock your Facebook Profile from strangers and stalkers.
If you enjoy reading our article then do not forget to share it with your friends.
Leave a Reply