Rimworld is a fantastic game, and you could easily spend hundreds, if not thousands, of hours messing around in the main game. After such a long period of time, you may begin to feel as if the game has become stale. Even a game as large as Rimworld can become tedious if you devote enough time to it. If you get bored with the base game, there are thousands of mods available on the Steam Workshop to spice things up or improve the way things are played.
15. EdB Prepare Carefully
This quality of life mod enhances and widens the scenario editor, allowing you to be as specific as you want when starting a colony. You may give pawns different levels of competence and enthusiasm, and even connect family tree branches. With a well-structured point economy, you can make your start as simple or as difficult as you like.
EdB Prepare Carefully makes Rimworld more enjoyable in the following ways:
- This makes the startup feel more like an RPG.
- Less haphazard pawns and equipment.
- Complete personalization.
Hospitality is a fantastic mod that introduces a slew of new interactions with pawns who visit your colony. It has a dynamic relationship structure between surrounding factions, as well as the ability to recruit and imprison visitors. You can also put up rooms for visitors to rent in order to provide a continuous source of silver for your colony.
Southern Hospitality at Rimworld:
- For rental rooms, you can charge as much or as little as you want.
- Recruiting nice visitors can help you populate your colony faster.
- Sell outdated trash to guests in order to clear up storage and get some more money.
- Visitors who are pleased with their visit may volunteer to help out around the colony.
13. Realistic Rooms
Your pawns in the basic Rimworld will frequently demand a decent-sized bedroom or dining area. For most rooms, this mod modifies what the pawns think to be a good-sized room. The preset room sizes have been lowered slightly to make it easier to create your colony.
Why should you support this mod?
- Much simpler colony management.
- Buildings can be built in lower sizes. As a result, important space and resources are saved.
- It’s easier to keep the pawns satisfied.
12. Simple Sidearms
In fight, your pawns are frequently vulnerable if their weaponry aren’t designed for the situation. As the mod’s name implies, your pawns can carry more than one weapon. This manner, your sniper can carry a dagger or whatever they need in case of an emergency.
Add Simple Sidearms to your mod list! :
- More weapon inventory slots.
- Combat is more lively.
- This weapon mod works nicely with other weapon mods.
Rimworld construction can be time-consuming. Especially when you approach a colony with a larger population.
This mod enables you to copy and paste existing structures.
Using the Blueprints mod, you can streamline construction:
- Simple to assemble.
- Plans for a house in seconds.
- Colony management is simplified.
10. Vanilla Furniture Expanded
I wholeheartedly endorse Oskar Potocki’s complete mod series. They’re all separate DLCs with varying amounts of material that are used to supplement the base game. This mod-pack adds everything from animals to beds and utility structures to Rimworld.
What benefits does Vanilla Expanded provide to Rimworld?
- There is so much new content.
- These mods constitute an approved expansion to the basic game.
- These changes have a significant impact on one’s quality of life.
9. Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
You’d think that in a game about space and intergalactic trading, there’d be races other than humans. Unfortunately, this is not the case in the base Rimworld. In this mod, you can create your own alien races with as many bizarre features as you want.
A more in-depth Rimworld adventure:
- Completely unique races.
- From sci-fi to fantasy races, there’s something for everyone.
- The only limit is your imagination.
8. Share the Load
Some construction tasks in Rimworld can take days for a single structure. Especially if only one pawn is compelled to work on it. Pawns can accomplish this with Share the Load. With the assistance of many pawns, larger project construction time can be reduced.
Share the Load for a better Rimworld experience:
- Larger constructions are more easier to invest in.
- Everyone who takes part earns construction experience.
7. Save Our Ship 2
There’s shockingly nothing to do once you reach space in a game where the primary goal is to escape the planet.
Save our ship 2 completely changes the way space is viewed in Rimworld. This mod adds so much, from quests to space stations to becoming a friggin space pirate!
How does SOS 2 make the game more enjoyable?
- Extra resources can be kept in your luxurious space station.
- Take part in Space Quests.
- Travel to other planets in order to conduct intergalactic trade.
- As an outlaw space pirate, you must attack other colonies and ships!
6. Z-Levels Beta
In a game where you can fly to space and create powerful missile systems, you’d assume you could add a second level to any building in your colony. Unfortunately, every building in the base game has only one floor. Z-levels is a mod that is currently in development, but it allows you to dig down for underground building and add an extra above-ground floor to your structures.
What Z-Levels brings:
- Mountain ranges in three dimensions.
- Defenses and stores beneath the ground.
- Buildings that are more efficient.
5. Map Reroll
When founding a colony, you may spend several minutes meticulously picking a starting spot on the planet only to have the map fail you. This mod adds the ability to completely reroll the starting map. It allows you to select from a number of options that are roughly based on the location’s criteria.
Benefits of Map Reroll:
- A terrible map might make having fun tough, so simply reroll until you find one you enjoy.
- A map devoid of heat vents or ore reserves might harm a colony.
- Reroll maps until you find the best defensible position.
4. Death Rattle
Combat in Rimworld can be lethal, and losing a piece to a stray shot can be disastrous. Some injuries are fatal right away, with little possibility of saving your prized pawns. The Death Rattle mod provides your doctor a small window to treat your seriously injured soldiers.
Why should you add Death Rattle to your subscriptions?
- It might be devastating to lose a good pawn to a fortuitous strike. Allow yourself the opportunity to save them.
- Combat is a little more lively.
- A skilled medic is required.
3. Colony Manager
Certain aspects of colony management might be tedious. With this mod, you can set particular goals for various resources, and your pawns will strive towards those goals automatically. If you manage correctly, you’ll never have to tell them to chop wood or go hunting again.
Using Colony Manager to enhance the Rimworld experience:
- Some of the more tiresome parts of running a colony are easier to manage.
- Set a minimum amount of wood and meat in storage and watch your pawn automatically meet those requests.
2. Pick Up And Haul
It can be amusing to see your pawns haul stuff one item at a time in the base Rimworld experience. Pick Up And Haul enables pawns to entirely load their inventory with as many objects as they can, regardless of type.
- Streamlined haulage is a really useful mod.
- More effective pawns.
Single-player games, even if you’re completely engrossed in them, can become tedious quickly, even if you’re completely engrossed in them. Rimworld is transformed by this mod in a wonderful way. It enables you to host a Rimworld server and play with as many buddies as you want. Because all players have equal power over the colony, having an extra set of eyes on your pawns can be strange and fun.
Having ten times the fun with buddies!
- For a more convenient connection, host through Steam.
- To have the most fun, play with all of your pals.
- Learn to play with the playstyles of others.