Have you heard of TikTok? If you have, then you’ve no doubt come across hilarious clips that you’ve wanted to save on your smartphone, tablet, or PC. Watching and sharing videos on the TikTok app is super easy, but downloading them not so much.
Yes, TikTok is one of the only major social networking apps that actually lets you download the clips directly from within the app. The only problem being that the videos you download are watermarked with a TikTok logo, and you are required to have the app installed on your device to save them. YUK!
Thankfully there are a few tools that allow you to download non-watermarked videos without very much trouble.
Web App Option:
The first option I’m going to share is a very clean and well-designed website that was created for the sole purpose of downloading TikTok videos. Before we get to that, lets head over to the TikTok app and find the Clip that we want to download.
- Open the TikTok app and navigate to the video you would like to save. You’ll need to copy the direct link to the clip by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of the app and tapping the “copy video link” button.
- Once you’ve done that head over to the TikTok downloader and paste the link you just copied into the box on the homepage titled “insert TikTok link” then click on the get video button.
- The page will refresh, and the download options for the video will appear. You will have the option to download the video with and without the Tiktok watermark. Both versions will be downloaded in MP4 video format. You will also be able to download an audio-only version, which will save the video clip as an mp3 audio file. You can start the download process by tapping the version of the media file that you’d like to save.
App Store Option:
Wow that wasn’t very hard, was it? The web app option works great, but some people might find the whole process a bit long. Especially if they want to save a lot of clips onto their phone.
The android app store offers a wide variety of options for downloading TikTok videos without a watermark. After trying many of them, the one I found that was the easiest to use was the “video downloader for TikTok” app. Like the web version above, it’s very straight forward to use and lets you save TikTok clips in a few clicks. The only downside to this app is that there’s an occasional advertisement.
- Head over to the android app store and type in “video downloader for TikTok” in the search box and install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Once you’ve done that, head over to the TikTok app and find the video clip that you want to save.
- Tap the share button on the right side of the app, which will bring up a menu with a list of apps installed on your phone. Tap on the app that you installed in step 1, which will launch the app and paste the link into the app. From there you click on “Download” which will give you an option to save the video with or without a watermark.
Both of the methods mentioned above require you to have the TikTok app installed on your phone or tablet. If you don’t want to install the TikTok app, you can always use a web viewer to view TikTok videos. For that, we recommend the official TikTok website or this web viewer. From those sites, you can copy the direct link URL to videos and follow through the steps in this article to save them.
Unfortunately, due to all the security measures with iOS devices, the only option that I found worked for me was the first option. If you happen to find another method that works, please let us know by leaving a message in the comments. I hope you enjoyed this article. Happy downloading!
Leave a Reply