It would be essential if you learn how to download Youtube videos easily in certain circumstances. Sometimes you have to travel, and there might be internet issues. You can easily download videos over Wi-Fi to get rid of internet issues and watch them whenever you want.
The other advantage of downloading Youtube videos is you don’t need to wait for the video to load. Just play the video and enjoy it without putting yourself to wait.
YouTube makes it simple to embed videos on social networking. But is it legal to save YouTube videos? This is addressed below to keep you on the right side of the law (and YouTube itself).
How to Download YouTube Videos To Watch Later
Here you can learn how to download YouTube videos for offline viewing on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, and Windows.
Is YouTube video downloading legal? What to know
According to YouTube’s terms of Service, No: “You may access Content for your own personal use only through the Service’s functionality and as permitted by these Terms of Service. You may not download any Content unless YouTube has provided a ‘download’ or comparable link on the Service.”
The only way to responsibly download YouTube videos is to pay $11.99 for YouTube Premium.
“YouTube will terminate a user’s access to the Service if, under suitable conditions, the user is proven to be a repeat infringer.”
But the situation isn’t black and white. After the Recording Industry Association of America reported that it violated Section 1201 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Reactivated YouTube-dl. But discovered that journalists and educators were using YouTube-dl legally.
You can download videos from YouTube in the public domain, Creative Commons licensed videos, and videos that friends and relatives have shared with you (and don’t mind you downloading).
The iPhone and iPad can download YouTube videos.
Apple regulates the apps available in its store, making it difficult to download YouTube videos. There are more alternatives if you jailbreak your phone, but this is the simplest way if you don’t want to.
- Open the Documents by Readdle app.
- Then navigate to www.videosolo.com/online-video-downloader/ by tapping on the compass.
- Paste a YouTube video URL and click “Download.” After a few seconds, the Video decodes and displays various output formats and quality options.
- Select “Download” as the output option.
- Name and save the Video.
- In the Documents app, tap the Downloads area in the bottom navigation bar.
- Return to the Documents app home screen and enter the Downloads folder.
- Tap the three dots icon on the Video you desire.
- Share then Save Video.
- Downloaded YouTube videos appear in Photos.
YouTube videos on Mac
You can download YouTube videos on a Mac using many tools and apps.
Use the built-in screen capture tool in macOS. It won’t be perfect, but it’ll do. To record the screen, press Command + Shift + 5. You can choose to record a window or the entire screen and include audio from your Mac’s microphone.
4K Video Downloader is the best software for downloading YouTube videos on Mac. It’s free for up to 30 downloads each day, or you can pay for more. It can download videos in up to 8K quality and several formats. This tool can also download complete YouTube playlists.
How to use:
- Install and run 4K Video Downloader.
- Locate and copy a YouTube video.
- Copy the link and paste it.
- After selecting the desired resolution and format, click Download.
- After downloading your Video, click the three-dot icon to play, find it on your computer, etc.
- 6. After downloading your video, click the three-dot icon to play, find it on your computer, and so on.
YouTube videos on Android
Google restricts such technologies; thus, downloading YouTube videos with an Android app from the Google Play store is impossible. You can get a YouTube downloader on your phone or tablet without using the Play Store, such as TubeMate. How to utilize it
- Install TubeMate on your Android phone. Change your security settings.
- Search for a YouTube video in TubeMate.
- Green Download button
- Select the desired quality and format. Click on the green Download button.
- In the bottom menu, tap the Downloads List icon. Or tap the three-dot icon in the TubeMate menu to see the Downloads list.
- Tap the three-dot icon next to a video to save it, rename it, etc.
Youtube Downloader for PC
Use a 4K Video Downloader to download YouTube videos to a Windows PC. The same techniques apply to downloading YouTube videos on Mac.
However, you may also download YouTube videos to your PC using the free VLC Media Player. Here’s how.
- Download and install the newest version of VLC Media Player on your Windows PC.
- Clipboard a YouTube video’s URL.
- Open VLC and select Media from the top-left menu. Open a network stream.
- Then click Play and enter the copied video address. Play the YouTube video in VLC.
- In the Location box at the bottom of the window, copy the full URL.
- Copy and paste the URL into your browser’s address bar in a new tab.
- Use the “Save video as” option to download the YouTube video as an MP4.
Now that you know how to download videos from YouTube, try downloading videos from Facebook or Vimeo. If you want to upload your own videos, check out our instructions on editing videos on YouTube.