Your computer can keep you entertained in many different ways. While some like to binge-watch movies and TV shows, others like to play video games. We know how active and vibrant the PC gaming industry is, with new titles being released every week. However, what about free games? That’s right, you can download games free of charge – and we’re not talking about pirated games. So, here’s how to download games using uTorrent.
Disclaimer: We does not condone illegal file sharing or copyright infringement. Even though P2P file sharing technology is legal, many of the files exchanged via P2P are indeed copyrighted. Uploading these copyrighted files can put you at risk of a civil lawsuit. While these lawsuits are often class-action cases, some have been targeted at individual users in an attempt to make an example of them.
How to Download Games Using uTorrent
Just like with any torrent file, you need to meet certain requirements when it comes to downloading this type of files from the Web. In this case, you need a reliable torrent repository and a torrent client. Don’t worry, we will be taking you through this entire process, on step at the time. So, let’s begin.
Step #1: Find & Install uTorrent
There’s no lack of amazing torrent clients on the Web. They come in all shapes and sizes, and they are compatible with all major platforms. If you want to take your time and look around, here are the best torrent clients for Windows, and Mac-only torrent clients. However, we must say that our strong recommendation is uTorrent. It’s very simple, highly customizable, and lightweight.
- First, we need to install uTorrent which means that you need to open its official website.
- At the moment, the website is offering two editions: uTorrent Web and uTorrent Classic. The first one is still in beta, so we recommend you to download the Classic edition.
- Download the software to your computer and run its installer by double-clicking on its icon.
- The entire procedure shouldn’t take more than a few moments of your time. However, make sure to carefully go through each step, and accept or refuse to install bundled software.
- Once the installation is done, you are ready to proceed to the next step. Keep on reading.
Step #2: Find a Game Torrent File
Next, we need to find a game that we’d like to download. You can take a look at our list of legal torrent websites, or take a look at the most popular torrent sites. However, pay attention to what you’re downloading and make sure to stick to open source torrents.
- To give you an example, we are going to use The Pirate Bay. As its name implies, this one’s about piracy. However, legal torrents can be found here, as you’re about to see.
- Go ahead and open ThePirateBay.org using a Web browser.
- You can search for something specific using the search bar, or go to ‘Games’ to browse the selection manually.
- We are going to search for ‘Subway Surfers’ which is an open source alternative game. Once we type the name of this game, we’ll see a list of results. Try to stick to torrents at the top of this list, since these are ‘healthier’ torrents that download quickly.
- Once you find something interesting, click on the torrent’s name to see its overview.
- It’s wise to take a look at the comments on The Pirate Bay to see what others are saying. For example, if there are malware or installation problems.
- Once you’re ready to download this torrent, click on ‘Get This Torrent’. At times, this link won’t work, so you can right-click on it and then open it in a new tab. At this moment, the file will be downloaded to your computer.
Step #3: Download the Game via uTorrent
All there’s left now is to download the game using uTorrent. Depending on the file size of the game, this might take some time. So, you need to be patient.
- Open uTorrent on your computer.
- Drag-and-drop the torrent file you have previously downloaded onto uTorrent’s window. You can also double-click on the torrent file and it will automatically open in uTorrent.
- This is when you might be asked where’d you like to save the game files. If that doesn’t happen, the game will be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
- uTorrent will now connect to a number of seeders and it will gradually increase the download speed. There’s nothing you can do right now, so you just have to sit back and wait.
- Once the game is installed, go ahead and run its installer. Once you install the game, run it.
That would be all that we’ve prepared on how to download games using uTorrent. We hope that this article managed to answer your questions and that you’re a bit wiser now. If there’s a problem you’re facing, feel free to post a comment below.
Finally, we would like to ask you to help us by sharing this article online. Thank you!