What exactly is cloud storage?
Cloud storage is a method of storing data online rather than on a local computer. Uploading, editing, and sharing documents, presentations, spreadsheets, pictures, music, video, and other files with others requires an internet connection. Online storage service providers do not save any data on your computer’s hard drive. best free cloud storage services allow you to access your data from any device.
The following is a chosen selection of the best free cloud storage apps and utilities, along with popular features and the most recent download links. This list covers both commercial (paid) and open-source (free) software.
Providers of Free Unlimited Online Cloud Storage
1 . Sync
Sync.com is a cloud service that allows you to share files from any computer or mobile device. Sync is an excellent choice for storing and transferring confidential and sensitive data.
- You can transmit files of any size to anyone, even if they don’t have a registered account, using Sync.
- Sync is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- For all plans, Sync provides unlimited data transfer.
- Users in groups of two or more have access to unlimited storage.
- Integration of Slack with Microsoft Office
- By completing chores, you can gain additional storage space.
2 . Icedrive
Icedrive is a next-generation cloud service that makes it simple to access, manage, and update your best free cloud storage. It gives you a place to exchange, display, and collaborate on your files.
- Twofish Encryption is the only best free cloud storage service that supports it. Everything is secured on the client-side, and no one has access to your data.
- It provides free storage of files up to 10 GB.
- There is no need for time-consuming synchronization. IceDrive can be mounted with a single click, therefore this isn’t required.
- Icedrive has a simple and easy-to-use interface for managing your files.
- Stream media from your best free cloud storage and quickly share it with your pals.
3 . pCloud
PCloud is a safe and simple best free cloud storage solution for your documents. You can use this application to share and collaborate on files with your employees, friends, and family.
- It assists you in keeping your private files secret by encrypting them to the maximum level.
- Allows you to backup your precious memories to pCloud with the push of a button.
- It allows you to filter your files based on their file format.
- It keeps versions of your files for a set amount of time, making it easier to search archive files.
4 . Mega
Mega Limited offers an online storage and file hosting service called Mega. Mega is available for the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- It provides 20 GB of free storage space.
- It encrypts files and chats with keys.
- Mega has the ability to sync files and folders.
- Every 6 hours, you can upload or download 1 GB of data.
5 . Internxt
Internxt Drive is a best free cloud storage service that offers best-in-class privacy and security. It allows you and your team to securely store many types of information.
- Allows you to access a collection of apps optimized for all of your devices.
- You can upload files from afar.
- Allows you to store and retrieve info whenever you want.
- It offers dependable client service.
- Provides a variety of price alternatives.
- It provides free storage of files up to 2 GB.
6 . WorkDrive
WorkDrive is a free cloud storage app that allows you to easily manage data. It enables you to create, collaborate, and operate as part of a team with minimal effort. SOC 2 (Service Organization Control) Type II is used on this platform.
- Allows you to collaborate with your team in real time.
- It is possible to use your tablet or smartphone to access it.
- Reports can be customized.
- You can easily store and manage files.
7 . OneDrive
Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud-based storage and syncing service. It is offered for free to all Microsoft account holders. OneDrive apps can be used to sync data on a Windows PC or a Mac.
- Scan business cards, receipts, whiteboard notes, and paper documents with your phone and save them to OneDrive.
- For security reasons, you can set an expiration date for shared files, images, and links.
- Allows for the upload of files up to 15 GB in size.
8 . Google Drive
Google Drive is Google’s free online data storage service. The service syncs files, images, and other data across all of the user’s PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. It provides 15 GB of free storage space.
- You can create Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- It allows for real-time synchronization.
- You can build forms to aid in the administration of a survey.
- The tool is compatible with macOS.
- Integrates with thousands of third-party programs, such as mind maps, Gantt charts, diagram tools, and so on.
- It supports document storage of up to 1.02 million characters, spreadsheet storage of up to 5 million cells, presentation storage of up to 100 MB, and Google Sites storage of up to 2000,000 characters per page.
9 . Dropbox
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers free cloud storage 1tb, file syncing, cloud storage, and client software. It is intended to help you cooperate on tasks, whether you are working alone or in a group.
- It allows you to safely sync data across all of your devices.
- Your file size should be no more than 50 GB.
- The service is available for macOS, Linux, and Windows computers.
10 . IDrive
IDrive offers data backup services. Users of Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Mac can access this service.
- IDrive gives you 5 GB for free.
- The web interface allows users to arrange and monitor backups of their PC.
- Files of up to 2 GB in size can be uploaded or downloaded by users.
- It offers the greatest solution for protecting all desktops, Macs, iPhones, and Android devices in a single account.
11 . Amazon Drive
Amazon Drive, often known as Amazon Cloud Drive, is a cloud storage service provided by Amazon. The service offers safe cloud storage, file sharing, photo printing, and backup of files.
- It assists you in organizing and editing photos online.
- Amazon Drive automatically backs up your phone’s images and movies.
- You can use it to sync files and directories.
12 . Box
Box is a service for managing and sharing files in the cloud. This free storage space is accessible for Windows, macOS, and mobile platforms.
- You can use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to swiftly find the file you’re looking for.
- Edit it as if it were a local file, and Box will save it to the cloud.
- You can invite the team to make modifications and upload files using this best free cloud storage
- Allow the administrator to invite other people to collaborate on material and control the version.
Download Link: https://www.box.com/en-gb/drive
13 . ICloud
Apple Inc. manages the ICloud cloud storage service. It is one of the best free cloud storage services, allowing users to store any file to the cloud and have it automatically sync to their device. This service is available for both Mac and Windows computers.
- It is one of the greatest free cloud storage providers, offering 5GB of iCloud storage for free.
- The maximum file size for uploading is 15 GB.
- By merely sending a link, many individuals can collaborate.
- Allows you to work together on numbers, Keynote, Pages, and Notes.
Download Link: https://www.apple.com/in/icloud/
14 . Yandex Disk
Yandex Disk is a cloud service that allows users to store and exchange files on cloud servers. Disk is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is one of the greatest free online storage services, with two plans available. Annual and monthly subscriptions are available.
- This free cloud storage for images allows you to upload files up to 50 GB in size. The user can sync data between devices.
- It is one of the most extensive free cloud storage services, offering free access to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This online storage drive provides cloud storage free and allows you to easily download files from public pages.
Download Link: https://disk.yandex.com/
15 . Media Fire
MediaFire is a service that provides file hosting, cloud storage, and synchronization. It is one of the best free cloud storage options, offering an easy-to-use solution for storing digital files both online and on the road. MediaFire unlimited cloud storage free is available for iPhone, Windows, OSX, Web, and Android.
- It is one of the greatest cloud storage free services that provides employees with an ad-free experience.
- Allows you to paste a URL in any file and have MediaFire upload it to your account.
- It is one of the top free unlimited cloud storage services that allows you to regulate access.
Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/
17 . MiMedia
MiMedia is a free cloud backup solution that will help you manage and enjoy your digital life. It is one of the greatest free cloud storage services for curating your personal library.
- This cloud drive storage allows you to access and organize music, images, movies, and documents across all of your devices.
- You can put any content in the cloud by downloading a desktop program to your PC or Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Flickr, and Facebook are all supported.
Download Link: http://www.mimedia.com
18 . Jumpshare
Jumpshare integrates screenshot capturing, file sharing, video recording, and team collaboration. It is one of the greatest free cloud storage services, allowing you to send and share unlimited large files.
- Jumpshare is a free cloud service that allows you to capture and share anything. You may share any file by dragging and dropping it.
- You can use it to take screenshots.
- You can save your screen as a GIF or a movie.
- This free file storage service is compatible with macOS, Android, Windows, the iPad, and the iPhone.
Download Link: https://jumpshare.com/
What is the Process of Cloud Storage?
Cloud storage physically stores data in big data centers and computer servers and makes it accessible via the internet. Users can have remote access to this data via the Internet. It enables users to remotely upload, save, and retrieve data from the cloud.
Is my data safe if I save it in the cloud?
Because data is held remotely rather than on your premises, concerns about data theft and privacy are understandable. However, most cloud computing storage providers encrypt data while it is in transit or at rest. Furthermore, their staff only have logical access to your data. Most businesses follow stringent standards to maintain data security, confidentiality, and privacy.
If your data has special security requirements, you might use a hybrid cloud, in which some data is housed with the cloud provider and part at your own location.
Is there a file size limit for files stored or transferred via Cloud Storage?
Most cloud storage solutions will allow you to store and transfer a single file up to 100MB in size. Although some allow you to save files up to 2GB in size, which is essential when transferring HD videos.
Leave a Reply